Thursday, June 23, 2011

Cheating = SELFISH ASS MUTHAF#*$ER

Why do people cheat?
I have heard lots of answers to this: men are genetically engineered that way, monogamy isn't natural, we are the only mammals on the planet that do monogamy and that can't be right. "My partner doesn't satisfy my needs/taste/freaky side! WTF ever!!! The reason people cheat is because we are selfish creatures. We will not and do not consider other people's feelings before our own. If we stopped for a moment to consider how we would feel if the person we love, respect, and would do anything for tap danced all over our feeling, some -not all - but some of us wouldn't commit to the act of cheating. As a matter of fact, I believe that if we stopped and thought about how we would feel if the person we are in a relationship with was doing the exact thing(s) we are doing, in the moment in which we are doing it, we wouldn't do a lot of hurtful shit. Like have phone/text conversations at inappropriate hours with persons of the opposite sex that are NOT family. We wouldn't flirt with people we are attracted to when our significant other is not around.
Now that I think about it, if we acted like our girlfriend/boyfriend/spouse was watching us at all times we would be better girlfriends/boyfriends/spouses all together!
And don't give me that..."I just wanna let my hair down/let loose sometimes BULLSHIT! Because in all honesty if your relationship is built on the right foundation, then your "boo" should be one of your closest friends anyway. Meaning that you should be able to have fun and be yourself in their presence. But if that self, is a selfish asshole who flirts with anything and everything then you probably shouldn't be in a relationship any-damn-way.
Ideally, when you are in a relationship your behavior should change anyway, so the "single-life" lifestyle and activities need to be laid to REST! So with or without your boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse around you should be acting the same or very similar!
Personally, I would prefer that if you meet someone is that is better than me in anyway, to a degree that you give this person that much of your time and energy then just let me know and you can go be with that person. But this "have my cake and eat it too" situation is NOT gonna work. If I'm not doing something or giving you something that you NEED, either let me know and give me the chance to try or leave me be. But don't cheat or hurt my feelings or damage my self-esteem, and give me trust issues because you aren't a decent enough person to consider my feelings; by breaking up with me before you get emotionally involved with another individual, and crushing what I believed to be was my "happy world."

No comments: